- Promote and develop the visibility and international and global positioning of Santa Fe City and its region, and of the UNL.
- Strengthen the profile of the scientific-technological innovation production node of the city of Santa Fe and its region.
- Produce knowledge that contributes to the sustainable development and the continuous improvement of the social and institutional living conditions of the people who inhabit the city of Santa Fe and the Litoral region.
- Make significant contributions to the State, republican and democratic institutions and public policies, and the integral development of the City, the Province and the Region.
- Create a deep commitment to the production of knowledge that contributes to sustainable development and the continuous improvement of the social and institutional life conditions of the people who inhabit the city of Santa Fe and the Litoral region. For this reason, the research it houses constitutes a potential contribution for the State, republican and democratic institutions and public policies, and more broadly, for the integral development of the City, the Province and the Region.
Produce an interface that allows linking local and regional needs and concerns with global problems and issues.
- Carry out interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research in all fields of science and the arts.
- Accept projects of researchers that address cutting-edge and break-up problems; of very high socio-economic and cultural impact; extremely ambitious, visionary ideas; innovational projects.
- Contribute to generate research agenda.
- Anticipate as much as possible the research problems of the future, its lines of theoretical development, its practical applications and its problems and risks.
- Generate a permanent synergy between local researchers and their teams and the residents of IEA Litoral.
- Create and maintain the regular instances of dialogue and exchanges between the members of the IEA community and the community of Santa Fe, of institutions, companies and local researchers.
- Establish an environment for medium and long-term cooperation between the faculties of the UNL and the centers and research institutes of the UNL, generating possibilities for interaction with resident researchers from different disciplinary areas who develop interdisciplinary projects
- Promote new groups and lines of research.
- Endeavor to disseminate its results widely.
- Constitute a training space for quality human resources for research in the large area and in the research lines identified.
- Participate in the international networks grouped by the Advanced Studies Institutes, in particular the UBIAS Network (UniversityBasedInstitutsforAdvancesStudies)